When buying a home, you are not paying the Realtor commission in most cases. Some buyers think they will get a better deal when purchasing privately, however that is often not the case. I have seen over and over again when a buyer has overpaid for their home that was a For Sale By Owner. Without a Realtor to research most recent sale prices, active listings and expired listings you are at risk of paying too much. Since you are not paying the commission why on earth would you not use a realtor?
Simple reasons why it is best to use a Realtor when buying a home:
– Your Realtor can assist you with the process of viewing homes and deciding which homes to view.
– Your Realtor will keep you focused so you don’t make an emotional decision that you may regret.
– Your Realtor can assist you with researching financing options and refer you to lenders
– Your Realtor will assist you with finding professionals to conduct your home inspection
– Your Realtor will prepare the Agreement of Purchase and Sale, including conditions necessary to protect you.
– Your Realtor will negotiate on your behalf as per your instructions.
When selling your home, a Realtor’s services will ensure that the process is as painless as possible. A Realtor will recommend ‚touch up’s‘ and things you can do so that your home will show favourably. Your Realtor will prepare a Competitive Market Analysis so that you set a selling price that will be accurate in the current market. Overpricing your home is a big mistake. As any professional Realtor will tell you, the first 2 weeks of a listing a crucial, and if you overprice, you will immediately discourage a large portion of potential buyers from even looking at your home.
Simple reasons why it is best to use a Realtor when selling a home:
– Your Realtor will market your home to potential buyers and to other realtors.
– Your Realtor will schedule showings and follow up to give you feedback on those showings.
– Your Realtor will give you updates as to the current market regarding competing properties and recent sales.
– Your Realtor will assist you with the negotiating process once you do receive an offer. Conditions, timelines and negotiating tactics can be overwhelming to understand.
Tips for choosing the Realtor:
Ask if the Realtor is full time or has another job. You want someone who is available to you, other agents and buyers.
Ask the Realtor if they provide staging.
Look at the Realtor’s website/blog. Make sure they are using social media.
Make sure you have a ‚connection‘.
Working with a Realtor should result in a comfortable and productive purchase or sale.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg