Whether buying, or selling a home, choosing the right real estate agent or buyers agent, is the most important step to take. The process of buying or selling a home is very detailed and difficult. In addition to the fact that mistakes can cost a great deal of money?
Your assets are on the line, and losing through the purchase or sale is the last thing you want to do. There are many real estate agents around. The ones that are dedicated and stay with you every step of the way, or the ones that farm out the work to other brokers.
The areas of expertise you need to look for are:
· How much education in the area of real estate does the agent have?
· How much knowledge does the agent have about the homes in the areas you are looking at?
· Do they have a wide variety of homes for sale for you to view?
The title that carries the most education and experience is a real estate broker. The real estate broker has a real estate license, training, and is recognized by the National Association of Realtors. This professional would likely be able to assist you with all of the needs you would have for buying or selling a home.
After the real estate broker is the realtor. This professional received the real estate license, and some additional training. He or she has also received recognition from the National Association of Realtors.
Finally the real estate agent is a person who has received the license, however may not have the same amount of experience as the more seasoned broker.
Most states have minimal requirements for being a real estate agent and this is the cause for some of the issues that are incurred during the transferring of ownership of a home. However keep in mind that at all levels of this expertise there are good agents, realtors and brokers. Doing a little checking can help you find the right one for you.
Most of the time a real estate agent is representing the seller of the home. If you are looking to buy a home, you are looking for a real estate buyer’s agent. This is important because you want to be represented in the best interest of your needs. Not those of the person on the other end of the deal.
When you are doing your research about the right agent for you, you will want to look for the commitment you deserve. There are many agents on the market just like there are many homes to be sold. If you do not get the attention and prompt response you deserve, go looking for someone else. They will make a profit from your purchase and they should be treating you with a reasonable amount of respect and professionalism.
The rule of thumb is that you want a real estate agent that has been around for a couple of years. With the turn around in the real estate market the way it is, this is the reason it may take you contacting a couple of agents.
You want to start your search by getting the right real estate representative for you. The home you are looking for will come along. There are bait and switch agents out there who specifically use a house within a price range and look that is appealing to the average home purchaser and then when they get the call, they may tell you it is sold, but there is another they have that you will love also. Keep this in mind so as to not get stuck by a tricky agent, instead look for the representative, agent, or broker that will show you what is available at all levels of purchasing and will keep your best interest in mind.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Nearly 80% of those who bought a house last year started their search online. If you’re selling your own home, an online For Sale By Owner (FSBO) site is nearly a must. According to realtors, most people who browse FSBO sites will view at least one house that they first saw online – and about half will purchase a home that they found in an online selling your own home web site. Knowing that, how can you not take advantage of all the new selling techniques available to those who are selling their own homes?
What sort of selling techniques are available to you if you’re selling your own home online? Depending on the site, you can literally have a 24/7 open house – without ever opening your front door. With photographs, multiple listings, virtual tours and floor plans, you can literally allow prospective buyers to tour your house without ever leaving their own homes.
There are several different ways to go about selling your own home through an online FSBO web site. Your best option is to contract with a local real estate agent for a flat fee listing, which will give you the right to post your home on a multiple listing service. With a flat fee listing, you pay a local realtor a flat fee of a few hundred dollars for the single service of listing your home with the Multiple Listing Service. Once your home is listed, you can post it on MLS web sites where it will be seen by hundreds of real estate agents and thousands of prospective buyers.
Another way that you can get your house listed on an MLS site is by contracting with a real estate agent with an Exclusive Sale Contract. You agree to pay that agent 2-3% commission if any realtor sells your house during the time that it is listed through him – but reserve the right to sell the house yourself without paying any commission. Again, your main aim, since you’re selling your own home, is to get the house listed on a multiple listing site.
There are also a number of FSBO sites that will allow you to list your home on their sites for a fee. Shop around for the best deal – they range in price from a single flat fee to a 2% commission when you sell your house.
Tips for Selling Your Own Home Online
– Upload at least one picture of your house that shows it in its best light. If you can, have the photograph taken by a professional photographer.
– Has your home got a gorgeous fireplace? A great view of the city? Make sure that you get a photo of that posted – the best way to sell your own home online is to make it look its best.
– Give buyers the info they want to know. Put information about the school system, the neighborhood, the local stores into your online ad. The more they know, the more likely it is that they’ll be ready to buy when they come looking.
– If your home is priced in the high ranges, consider investing in a virtual home tour so that prospective buyers can get a full tour of your home online and fall in love with it before they see it.
– Use your listing page to print out flyers that include the photographs and descriptions, and post them locally.
The internet gives you new tools for selling your own home. Just take it online, and see how far you can go with a few pictures.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Real estate agents liaise between home owners and buyers to conduct the sale, purchase or rent of properties. They work for brokers and play a major role in assisting people buy or sell residential, commercial or industrial property. They keep and maintain an up-to-date account of property listing and other relevant housing information to stay abreast with properties available on the real estate market. They subscribe to several listing services to advertise and market properties up for sale. They also contact property and market properties up for sale. They also contact property owners to obtain information regarding a property.
As part of their responsibilities, estate agents present sales and purchase offers to clients for consideration. They advise them on property rates, legal requirements and general market trend. They also interview clients to determine their property preference or specification. Usually, they prepare a list of properties that best match the needs and requirements of clients. They visit and inspect properties in order to establish precise property value. They also proffer recommendations to clients on properties that best suit their budget and preference.
Most estate agents oversee the preparation of closing statements, purchase agreements, representation contracts and other necessary documents required for estate trade. They conduct negotiations between property sellers and buyers to establish price and other terms of sales. They also liaise with pest control operators, home inspectors etc. to ensure the terms and conditions stated in a purchase agreement are met prior to the closing of sales.
In fulfilling their role, real estate agents oversee the closing of property sales, they ensure payment is complete and appropriate documents signed. They maintain contact with clients to offer them real estate services/products and assist with the resolution of issues. They also provide consultation services to clients to recommend strategies for the speedy sale of property. They often conduct training programs for junior/trainee sales agents to enhance their sales skill. This job position requires at least a high school diploma, state license for practice and an aptitude for sales. Qualities needed for the job include persuasion, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills.
Real Estate Agent Job Description Sample
Given below is a sample of the job description usually handed real estate agents by most employers:
- Act as liaisons to conduct real estate trade between property buyers and sellers
- Present sales offers to clients as well as bid on available properties
- Carry out investigations to determine client credit status and ability to complete payment
- Inspect properties to appraise its value and estimate the worth on the property market
- Interact with clients to identify their requirements and proffer recommendations on properties that best suit their budgets
- Assist home sellers in promoting their buildings on property listing services to attract clients for purchase
- Prepare and deliver sales pitches to clients in order to secure real estate contract
- Provide clients with a list of properties available for sale to assist them in making choice selection
- Conduct price negotiations between property buyers and sellers to ensure a fair bargain for both parties
- Provide clients with a tour of residential, industrial or commercial properties to showcase and explain property features
- Carry out investigations to confirm clients have clear property titles
- Provide appropriate reply to client’s enquiries concerning property appraisals, financing, maintenance etc.
- Examine property premises to recommend maintenance measure required to improve the face value
- Assist clients in evaluating mortgage options to obtain the best rate and terms
- Attend conventions, conferences and seminars to improve existing job knowledge and expand personal network.
If you are a recruiter needing the best real estate agent to hire, you can use the sample job description above in making one for your company, for use in hiring and assigning duties to the successful candidates.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg